Tuesday, August 25, 2015

da'Shade — da'Blues





Hey, what's up?

This is da'Shade ... sitting in for Kennedy James.

So, I gots to thinking the other day, and for some reason, I ended up so fucking cranky and useless that I near exploded.

I don't even remember what set me off. Just some days is like that. You're just sitting around, and all of a sudden, WHAM! You feel like you're worth fuck all, like nobody gives a shit about you, and like what's the point of livin'.

Ever get like that? Sure you do. I guess we all do. Called da'blues.

Hey! It's not unhealthy to get da'blues, as long as ya ain't gettin' them every second day. If yer ridin' some kind of cosmic roller coaster, with yer emotions going up and then crashing down, well ya might wanna consider gettin' some help. Might be bipolar.

I ain't bipolar. I'm bipopular.

You're probably thinking, WTF is he talking about now?

Shit, I dunno. Somedays, I feel like I'm cream cheese spread on toast, which everybody likes, and everybody I meet seems like a bestie, and everybody loves me like I was their long lost rich uncle. Other days, I feel like I ain't got a friend in the world. Get it? Bipopular.

Funny how we judge ourselves based on the digs of other people. When we feel like people are hip to us, got our back, and all that shit, we feel worthwhile. But when we feel like folks is dissing us behind our backs, telling tales out of school about us, and whatever, we feel like shit on a stick and good for nothin'.

Thing is, we shouldn't be judging ourselves on what other folks see. What matters is how we see ourselves. Trouble is, we forget that. The little cocksucking demons of doubt creep into our scene and mess up all the lines. Instead of sayin', "I feel like da bomb today," we just let the fucking bomb blow us up.

Oh, for fuck's sake, I ain't makin' no sense.

I just knows that if you beat yer head against the wall because of some bad vibes blowin' in through the kitchen door, yer gonna end up with one fuck of a headache.

My advice? Close the fucking door.


Hit that mic, and keep yer focus ...





 








 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James, 2016. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger