Sunday, August 24, 2014

if the moon ...




if the moon ...

If the moon were bright
And the stars just right
I suppose there'd be no need
For love,
But the day brings storms
And the evening swarms
With hordes of the darkest clouds.
Still I can't help but wonder
If beyond the harsh thunder
Lovers will be embracing tonight.

If the sun were to rise
In clear eastern skies
I suppose there'd be no need
For love,
But the night's unforgiving
And it's dark for those living
Behind veils, tapestries, and shrouds.
Still I can't help but assume
That the glow from every room
Is the glimmer of love taking flight.

If the years were to wane
Without heartache or pain
I suppose there'd be no need
For love,
But it seems that every tomorrow
Spreads more anger and sorrow
Like the fury of unruly crowds.
Still I can't help but dare
Say that love is everywhere
Exchanging the dark with an unfailing light.



© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.


 







 

7 comments:

  1. you still believe in love... it is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we all need something to believe in ... otherwise, what's the point?

      Delete
    2. Right now, I am feeding my disappointments not my hopes and I am not in tune with your poem... maybe I shouldn't have posted the comment as I don't see any point but I am amazed in your believes and hopes...

      Delete
  2. I love this poem ... and I will always believe in love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We cling to our lovers as if our very lives depend on it, as if our lovers will deliver us from the darkness, as if our lovers will keep us from being at the mercy of that great empty void intrinsic to our being, as if our lovers have some supernatural power, which we ourselves do not possess, to keep our lives from passing into meaninglessness. Like a drug or a dream, they do--temporarily--at least in our minds they do, temporarily, very temporarily.

    Nice song.

    ~Manfred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manfred, three temporarily's can add up to a long time ...

      So it goes ...

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger