Monday, January 14, 2013

Coming Up For Air


Surfacing

Coming Up For Air

After two days and nights, the chills and fevers slowly disappeared. Then the long sleep came, just after the dancing circus bear left for Moscow.

A few more days of a very bad cold, headaches, and an outright surrender to lethargy, until finally the flood waters began to recede.

Today, I can breathe normally again.

It's no fun being sick, but sometimes, I think a good case of the flu is a lesson in humility. You learn pretty quickly that you're not quite as invulnerable to life's little discomforts as you may have thought.

Unfortunately, my zest for writing has abandoned me for the moment, but that will return soon enough.

Thanks to everyone who was concerned about me. Not to worry, I'm still alive and kicking. OK, maybe not kicking quite yet, but I managed a decent temps liƩ this morning.
 






 

7 comments:

  1. Sorry your not feeling well :( I'm glad that you are on the mend tho. I heard that they had closed our local hospital to lots of visitors due to an outbreak of the flu. I look forward to your writes when your better. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was traveling during last 4 weeks, far from internet, just now see your post. Sorry to hear that you're not feeling so good. Wish you a fast recovery and impatient for your Sunday soup ! ;)
    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. wiggling your toes is a good start to kicking...glad to hear you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there and feel better soon. Soup? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kennedy, I hope you are feeling better and gaining your strength back as each day passes. I returned from the cruise a couple of days ago, but my brother was here from Louisiana, so I am just now finding time to check in on everyone.

    I look forward to your blogs everyday, but I hope you will take it easy and get well because your health is what matters most right now.

    Hugs
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you can get a good remedy to help you back to good health quickly. What's your magic potion?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger