Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Naked Lunch ... With Apologies To William S. Burroughs


Cheesy

Naked Lunch ... With Apologies To William S. Burroughs

I know you're frantic, baby,
I can tell by the look of your eyes,
You say I'm not romantic, baby,
I've no more alibis.
You say you want me, want me, want me, any time or anywhere,
Doesn't matter if it's here and doesn't matter if it's there,
But tell me, honey, tell me please,
Who the heck stole the cheese?

Yes, you're my sourdough bun, baby,
And I'm your bratwurst on the q,
Add some hot mustard just for fun, baby,
Or maybe you think just sweet relish will do.
You say you need me, need me, need me, any time or anywhere,
Doesn't matter if it's here and doesn't matter if it's there,
But, honey, when you went down on your knees,
I swear someone up and stole the cheese.

You know I hate to quibble, baby,
But some things in life do matter,
For a slice, a cube, or even a nibble, baby,
I'll step up to the plate and be your batter.
You say you'd woo me, do me, cuckoo me, any time or anywhere,
Doesn't matter if it's here and doesn't matter if it's there,
But, honey, your moans and groans I really can't appease,
Until, at last and once and for all, we finally find the cheese.
 




 

6 comments:

  1. While I recuperate from the plague of a winter's cold, here's another poem from another place ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do recognize this, pass the hot sauce :P
    Feel better soooon! Rest rest rest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking about this poem and the double meaning it must have *smiles*

    Hope you get well quickly. I've been lucky so far and have not been sick at all.....knock on wood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~chuckle~ ... I have to agree, cheese is a vital comfort necessity!!! Nothing like a toastie with hot sauce!!

    Hope you feel better soon ... ~huggs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mac and cheese ... yummy! Feel better soon ... xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger