Friday, August 09, 2013

Five Days Of Poetry — The Day Gives You Up



the day gives you up

the day gives you up to me
in a sunset stained by roses
you turn over
in bed and whisper
soft words
that sound like Chopin’s études
and i wonder
what you’ve said
in your gentle piano voice
until the dark
swallows us completely
and in a remembered rhythm
breaking the confinement of two
into one
at last i am sure that
after a lifetime of searching
this final surrender to love
is all that there is
left to know

© Copyright, Kennedy James. All rights reserved.
 







 

6 comments:

  1. You have written the perfect love poem. As for the music video ... oh my goodness. The truth is that I'm speechless ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like the poem and the video.

      It's been a fun week of poetry ... I'll have to do it again soon ...

      Delete
  2. Fantastic end to a week of poetics. Beautiful words composed with flair. I have to confess lingering over these words more than once :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies ... sometimes all you hear on Blogger are the echoes of your own voice ... ;o}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely written. I've always been more of a morning person in that respect myself.

    ~Manfred

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger