Wednesday, February 26, 2014

i want to walk with Jesus



i want to walk with Jesus

i want to walk with Jesus
and when i stumble or i fall
when i've had enough
when i've had too much
when i start the hasty process
of closing and locking the door
i want to turn from the silence of cruel indifference
and hear instead a quiet word
a word turning the storm around
calming the waters of despair
and slowing the world
with the quiescence of faith
i want a divine intercession
a gentle hand to reach across the space between us
a hand with a simple touch
that takes the lead
breaks a trail through the chaotic wilderness
carves a path through the crippling snow
and coaxes me to follow every footstep
coaxes me to believe
that life has a reason
that love has a purpose
that vagueness leads to dreams
that dreams can come true even after all the disappointments
that holding on is not just holding on
that everything i remember i remember happily
that everything i've forgotten i've forgotten honestly
that time is neither fleeting nor depleting
that yesterday and tomorrow have meaning
that today will continue even as the sun sinks low
that the sometime tears of sorrow nourish the driest soul
that uncertainty unwraps the gift of enduring certainty
that heartlessness kindles compassion
that ugly words and phrases encourage an understanding of beauty
that separation is a beginning
that pain resigns before the last pawn tumbles over
that confusion is just a necessary step to enlightenment
that helplessness is just a necessary prelude to hopefulness
and that death confirms just one thing
just one thing
just one


© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

 







 

14 comments:

  1. Personally, KJ, I believe that just such a walk and day of knowledge will be in your future--a day when all things will be made new again, because context is everything and the things that are now are not as they seem. Yes, that day lies in your future. In fact, that day may have already begun.

    ~Manfred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "In fact, that day may have already begun."

      You may be right, Manfred. I suppose that life has a way of moving one toward a state of coalescence, in which all things become one thing and all our experience becomes a single experience.

      Delete
  2. While we don't know what is beyond the end of life, my belief is that I will see my loved ones who have gone on before me. As a young woman, I feared death, but growing older has made me less fearful. I've made peace with my past, prepared for the end as best I could, and now I try really hard to live each day as it comes. There isn't an urgency to cram in as much as I can, but rather a resolve to enjoy what is possible, stay true to myself, and never stop loving those who mean the world to me.

    Your poem took my breath away ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there is no urgency ... if there were, it would be counter-productive. Patience is the key to living a peaceful and happy life ...

      Delete
  3. reflecting on this beautifully written poem
    ...sweet voice in the video

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think confusion certainly is a necessary step to enlightenment..
    self sufficiency and certainty seem to kill the need to seek.

    that's quite an amazing image of pain and self in a chess battle..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so you got the chess image ... sort of a metaphor for life, I think ...

      Delete
  5. In the last few days i read and read again this poem... and, uhm, i couldn't shake off the feeling that the death slowly moves behind my back and draws a bow of a violin with a bony, senile fingers... Life confirms the death and the death confirms a life. It is an entirety. Every entirety is without beginning or end and closes itself in this infinity and can function independently! Every beginning has an end, but in it! It was hard for me to read this poem, really, it was, it is... as if you were getting ready. But, do you know, love, there is something i learnt when i was a little, little kid, that I am not my body and I am not my soul either. Through my body i go out of my home by my soul i go out of my body ... The soul and body are a vehicle of my essence in this life! By your poetry i felt your essence...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I suppose we are a combination of many things ...

      Delete
  6. you have to know that you are an amazing person, Kennedy, and I mean it... you are like days in the night, really:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again! It's been a long time since I've been on Blogger, and today logged in just to see if my friends are still around. You surely are! Your poem "i want to walk with Jesus" is a bit different than I expected, so what has happened during my months of absence? The poem is beautiful, and I wonder: are you not walking with him already..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, more like staggering along, I think ... ;o}

      Nice to see you again, Amalie ...

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger