Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Every Day Has Its Dog



Every Day Has Its Dog

I'm under the sun. I'm draped across a broken down lawn chair like an old duvet soaking in the warm rays of resuscitation and resurrection.

It's not a pretty sight, I assure you.

Imagine polka dot Bermuda shorts pulled up far too high on my waist, where they meet a bedraggled Paul Simon concert T-shirt with McDonald's Big Mac grease stains down the left side.

Imagine a dirty, sweat-stained Chicago White Sox hat turned sideways in the worst possible impersonation of a street-wise rapper, and a pair of rhinestone adorned, cat's eye sunglasses that I found at the Goodwill last week.

Imagine a two-day-old splotchy beard because, frankly, I'm too lazy to shave on a regular basis these days.

Imagine mottled, chicken-white legs and arms splayed awkwardly, like the limbs of a CSI corpse, as I try to capture some UV's sans sunscreen.

Imagine a couple of neighbourhood kids peeking through the fence and cracking smart remarks between their gawking giggles.

Oh, it's not a pretty sight, not a pretty sight at all. But here I am ... just me and a flock of birds, which, for some reason, are circling overhead.




What's that? You're having trouble imagining today? Here. let me help ...
Click here


 








 








 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger