Friday, July 26, 2013

I Don't Want To Be




I Don't Want To Be


I don't want to be an "if" or a "maybe" or an "in-between," a proposition or a supposition or a "might be" stepping in from the unforeseen.

I don't want to be the prize at the end of the game, a trophy on your shelf or the photograph on your wall trapped forever in a gilded frame.

I don't want to be "up there" or "over here" or floating around in space and air. I don't want to be as insubstantial as the dreams you wear.

I don't want to be your "partner" or your "lover" in some fantasy life, where you imagine me your husband and you my loving wife.

I don't want to be the minnow on the hook, and I don't want to be the hero of some musty book.

I don't want to be your prince, your angel, your poet, or your knight in shining armour, no, not for a week or for a day or even for an hour.

I don't want to be what you hoped for or what completes you or the answer to all your prayers. I don't want to be the confusion of some dangling conclusion that slips and falls apart at the bottom of the stairs.

I don't want to be all that you know or all that you care about. I don't want to be your dream of finding a somewhere after years of being nowhere in the land of endless doubt.

I don't want to be what's possible or what might be. I don't want to be what you've been waiting for all your life ...

... I just want to be me.

© Copyright, Kennedy James. All rights reserved.
 







 

9 comments:

  1. You can "I just want to be me" all you want ... that's your choice in life. Thank goodness for free will ... we all should exercise it more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I mean this in the best possible way, KJ. Peace!

      Delete
    2. Of course ... "free will" is good ... after all, it's free ...

      Delete
  2. Love that first picture. Is that George?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we can not be who we really are then life becomes watered down and then we drown...
    I like this and the video very much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great video and song, from an interesting new group ... thanks ...

      Delete
  4. You do 'You" so very well KJ.. let no-one have the audacity to ask you to be anyone else :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger