Sunday, July 28, 2013

Shit Happens





Shit Happens

I think we all have a tendency to feel sorry for ourselves from time to time. Me? Oh, I can pull off a day of self-pity with the best of any sad sack in the woe-is-me crowd. Sometimes, I think it's therapeutic, because I always end up realising how much I have to be grateful for.

I guess life inevitably has its little ups and downs. I think the trick is to move through the "downs" as quickly as possible and to enjoy the "ups" for as long as possible.

Feeling blue is a part of being a whole person. People who always seem up, always seem cheery and on top of the world, are really only living half a life. Without a little misery, how does one know the height of happiness? Chronically depressed people are emotionally flat-lined, but so are chronically happy people. Same neurosis, really, and one is as tedious as the other. Call me moody if you must, but I like a little variety in my life.

Today, I feel great and have felt great for quite some time. Is there a pain-in-the-ass kind of day coming? Absolutely. But so what? Knowledge is power, and knowing that life is not always a bed of roses prepares you for those bad days.

Life isn't always going to be perfect. "Shit happens," as they say. You just have to remember that, in the big picture, you're better than some of the crap you have to deal with, whether it be personal or connected to the big, old, confusing world out there.

Just have a good wipe, flush the cosmic toilet, and move on to better thoughts and things.

© Copyright, Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

 







 

7 comments:

  1. As you said, life isn't perfect. We have to take the good with the not so good, and most of the time the good far outweighs the bad.

    I once worked with a person who was cheery all the time. One day I was in a bad mood ... and said so ... and the cheery person tired to cheer me up, and all I wanted to do was smack the cheeriness right out of her. How dare she rain on my pity party? Looking back, it was rather funny.

    Now, I just say "thank you" each morning when I wake up and go about my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is much for which to be thankful ...

      Delete
  2. being grateful is definitely the way to turn things around...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have to keep reminding ourselves of that ...

      Delete
  3. ..that was always a favorite song for me! yes Crapola happens for sure..I could do with a little less misery, one day in a hundred would be about right. glad to hear it's a good day for you!
    ...*note to self..send memo to whoever buys the cosmic toilet paper to get the deluxe brand.. that last lot was scratchy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but you can't sacrifice strength for softness ... ;o}

      Delete
  4. lol...there is something in all of us...that wants to be cheerful all the time and finds others grins cheesy.....jus glad u are having a super day kennedy....:))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger