Thursday, September 26, 2013

Hanging Ten ...




Hanging Ten ...

It's surprising how many people carry a nuclear bomb in their hip pocket. At the drop of a hat, the wink of an eye, the nod of a horse, the slip of the tongue — oh how I love these little idioms even if they do make me a little crazy— some people seem more than ready to blow up what is good in their lives.

Contentment? Seems impossible for some. It creates some kind of gas in their brains, and before you know it, they are sparking up the fuse to blow everything up.

I never quite understood this nuance in some people's behaviour. I suppose there is some deep psychological reason behind it all, probably some condition called happinessododophobia, but hey, I'm no psychologist. I just know it happens.

Maybe, it's a control issue. Happiness has a way of overpowering you. It sort of sweeps in like a tidal wave, and that can leave you floundering in the surf. The trick is not to fight the ebb and flow of the water, but to go with the flow, so to speak, but some people, well, they tend to fight anything more powerful than themselves. I recommend water wings and the willingness to float along with a feeling that happiness need not always be seen as something that will eventually lead to some kind of inevitable tragedy.

You can't always control the best things in life. Love, friendship, success — all these things can have a power of their own. All you have to do is accept them, hang ten, and enjoy the ride.

© Copyright, Kennedy James. All rights reserved.
 








 

11 comments:

  1. In a perfect world, we all would look like big happy smiley faces.

    I believe there are certain situations that affect a person's happiness - their sense of well-being. Is it reasonable to expect someone to be happy all the time? No. Life gets in the way. Does a chronically unhappy person need help? Probably.

    When something makes me feel unhappy, I might voice my concern ... especially if it's a situation over which I have no control. However, what does make me feel very happy is to find a solution - a way to make things better - or, as you say, "Go with the flow."

    Oh, before I forget, M&M Peanuts make me feel happy ... (insert big smiley face).

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Maybe, it's a control issue. Happiness has a way of overpowering you. It sort of sweeps in like a tidal wave, and that can leave you floundering in the surf. The trick is not to fight the ebb and flow of the water, but to go with the flow, so to speak, but some people, well, they tend to fight anything more powerful than themselves. I recommend water wings and the willingness to float along with a feeling that happiness need not always be seen as something that will eventually lead to some kind of inevitable tragedy."

    This is brilliant, KJ!


    Manfred

    ReplyDelete
  3. it takes so much more effort to be miserable...but you are right, there are those seek out unhappiness and if it isn't in their lives they are just fine feeding off someone else's troubles and woes
    right now ice cream is making me happy :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rocky Road but I have Chocolate and Spumoni in the freezer right now...had my wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday so I am allowing myself to this until I feel better!

      Delete
  4. Happiness is where you find it....
    Great when its a deluge.. doesn't have to always be a flood.. sometimes its in sweet little drops.

    hey... is that a grenade pin in your hand Mr James?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... no, you won't find any weapons of mass destruction on my body ... except maybe for the rocket in my pocket ... but it's pretty benign ... ;o}

      Delete
    2. Nice bluff, but I know a grenade pin when I see it..no nukes but definitely a few smart bombs. Cute arsenal Mr James.

      Delete
    3. Haha ... OK, I now have you added to my list ... ;o}

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger