Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Diggity Do ...



Diggity Do ...

I'm digging a hole, a very deep one.

It's the cheapest way to get to China, I think.

I love to travel, but I never knew it would be quite such a dirty undertaking.

I'm even not sure why I want to go to China. I don't like sushi, and I abhor rice. I do like Chinese buffets, but only the all-you-can-eat variety. I don't drink sake. I am unimpressed by Geishas. I have no interest in walking the great wall. I'm sure it's impressive. So is the Eiffel Tower, but I didn't climb its 1665 stairs when I was in Paris.

I'm not really much of a tourist. I don't carry a backpack or have Canadian flag patches sewn to everything I own. I prefer to be invisible. I realise that when I get to China remaining invisible may be a difficult feat. I'll need a shower, and after the layers of mud melt away, I guess no one there will mistake me for a local. Pity. I was hoping to get some real bargains from the street vendors.

All this has me thinking of fortune cookies.

It's a cool idea to have your future written up inside a cookie. I never acquired a taste for the cookie part, I'm afraid, but I must say I like to read the little scrolls of paper inside. The best one I ever got said: “Your future awaits you.” I thought that was pretty profound. Not helpful, but profound.

It might have read: "Your past awaits you." That would have been even more profound, I think, but it would have seemed ludicrous to the supervisor in the Chinese Fortune Cookie plant, and the poor soul who made it up would have surely lost his/her job. After all, people don't want to be freaked out after a bout with lemon chicken, chop suey, and chow mien. Mostly, they just want to go home and sleep.

Well, back to digging. I've still a long ways to go.
 






 








 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger