Monday, February 11, 2013

Five Days Of Poetry — Day 1


Missing Pieces


remember

when the world falls apart
remember
it falls into puzzle pieces
that over time
will find their way
back together
and remember most of all
you are still in my heart

when friends disappear
remember
the door that closes
need not be locked
from either outside or in
and remember most of all
you will always find me here

when love cools from flame to frost
remember
winter's winds
will soon be chased away
by warming breezes
and remember most of all
true love can never be lost

when days of gold begin to rust
remember
all the parcels of our past
were mostly glitter and unravelled bows
that opened to a more precious gift
and remember most of all
life continues beyond our passing into dust
 




 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful... and I will remember.

    YES!! Kennedy is back :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, I meant I will remember these lessons as they could relate to my own life

      Delete
    2. Well, I didn't want it to look like I thought you were addressing this to me personally. I loved this poem. It's always a nice experience getting lost in your words dear one.

      Delete
  2. "... and remember most of all
    life continues beyond our passing into dust"

    I suppose most of us feel we are indispensable to some extent; and perhaps, to those closest to us, we are, at present. But, after a given period of mourning and adjustment, upon our passing, life will go on for them without us. May we leave them with a good spirit, which will in some measure, large or small, help guide them on their way.

    ~Manfred

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost certain someone is hiding a few pieces to the puzzle ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly, but from another point of view, maybe all the important pieces are there.

      Delete
  4. True love is always remembered ...
    Gorgeous words!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger