Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Five Days Of Poetry — Day 3


Goodbye


Impossible Dreams

Goodbye to all my impossible dreams
                            where every perfect wish is never really what it seems
                    Goodbye to all my impossible dreams

        Goodbye to the beauty of sweet romance
            always in the knowing look of some forbidden glance
         and hidden on the other side of a feverish sexual dance
    Goodbye to the beauty of sweet romance
                                 I guess I never really gave you all that much of a chance

Goodbye to all my impossible dreams
                            where every perfect wish is really never what it seems
                    Goodbye to all my impossible dreams

        Goodbye to all my ladies of the night
            to every promise you made and every offering of delight
         filling the deepest darkness with all your passionate light
    Goodbye to all my ladies of the night
                                 I'm only sorry I never really seemed to get it completely right

Goodbye to all my impossible dreams
                            where every perfect wish is really never what it seems
                    Goodbye to all my impossible dreams

        Goodbye to every hopeful start
            to words of love flowing like a river from my heart
         bubbling into frothy poems and walls of dreamy art
    Goodbye to every hopeful start
                                 I guess I never understood how easily things could fall apart

Goodbye to all my impossible dreams
                            where every perfect wish is really never what it seems
                    Goodbye to all my impossible dreams

        Goodbye to the ones I left behind
            thanks for never saying I was anything but kind
         when all the stars in the cold night's sky were clearly misaligned
    Goodbye to the ones I left behind
                                 I'm only sorry if I seemed so unreasonably hard to find

Goodbye to all my impossible dreams
                            where every perfect wish is really never what it seems
                    Goodbye to all my impossible dreams

        Goodbye to someone somewhere
            and to no one all alone and living neither here nor there
        just remember a broken heart is never completely beyond repair
    Goodbye to someone somewhere
                                 I hope you'll find another someone with a love for you to share
 





14 comments:

  1. Goodbye to impossible dreams might open for other chances... for those possible ones.

    Now what do you think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was kind of sad to me . I'm the ultimate "impossible dreamer". But I'm also one who believes that dreams can come true. A nice poem this morning Kennedy. It's so good to see your creativity coming forth each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm afraid much of my poetry is about disillusionment, because I believe a false life is no life at all. Now, that fact does not mean that I am sad or pessimistic at all. I'm just pushing the limits of hope and faith ... to test the validity of hope and faith ... something like that.

      Delete
    2. I don't call it my false life, I call it my "second life" :-)

      Delete
  3. I was going to pass around the box of Kleenex tissues but decided against it.

    "Hello" to all kinds of possibilities ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although it varies widely from individual to individual, I believe that, upon achieving a certain age, the realization of the increasing impossibility of our dreams is directly proportional to the continual increase in that age.

    ~Manfred

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those impossible dreams are what make this journey of life a little more fanciful ... ~smile~
    People come and go ... but in some strange way they will always be connected to us ... we will always have that memory of the dream ... for that is what drives us perhaps? ... I still have a dream ... its the same dream I have always had ... perhaps its the negative/blue print of who we are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dreams are what keep us going.

      This is just a poem about someone (not necessarily me) who seems to have had some kind of disappointment with himself. These things are just a part of life. For me, that is what poetry is — it holds up a mirror to the reader and asks, "Is this you?"

      Tomorrow is a brand new day for everyone, and who knows what the mighty winds of change will bring.

      Delete
    2. Oh I recognise that someone only too well ... as I have also been there ... hanging on for dear life by my finger nails ... but it was the hope of my dream that gave me the strength to carry on .....

      Those mighty winds of change breath direction into our existance.

      Delete
  6. 'Tomorrow is a brand new day for everyone, and who knows what the mighty winds of change will bring.'

    Now that's more like the KJ I've come to know. Without hope and dreams life can be dull. I say 'If you can, if you want to, go for it. Miracles happen occasionally.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger