Tuesday, July 21, 2015

King Kennedy



King Kennedy

I think I'd like to be King of the World.

Just imagine what that would do to alleviate some of my life's greatest problems.

I wouldn't have to wait in the drive-thru for a simple, stinking cup of coffee while the lady in the SUV in front of me orders the entire menu.

I wouldn't have to shop at Wal-Mart, even though I would because, I mean, who really wants clothes that last more than a month?

I wouldn't have to listen when someone said, "You can be whatever you want to be."

I wouldn't have to sneak over the fence and take a dip in the neighbour's pool in the middle of the night.

I wouldn't have to wait for Heaven.

I wouldn't have to use the Self-Serve gas pump and watch my bank account plummet while I squeaked half a tank into the beast because I could just drive up the Full Service lane and, with a sly snicker, say "Fill 'er up."

I wouldn't have to explain what I meant.

I wouldn't have to fly in the Economy section of an airplane and suffer long hours squeezed into a ball while reassuring an indifferent flight attendant that "Everything is fine, thank you."

I wouldn't have to watch CNN, unless I wanted to know what was happening in my life.

I wouldn't have to eat KFC right out of the bucket while bending over the sink and still manage to make a mess of a new white T-shirt.

I wouldn't have to listen to Elvis.

I wouldn't have to sleep naked on 200 count sheets and wake up wondering who gave me the rash.

I wouldn't have to get into useless arguments about God or politics.

I wouldn't have to wait to talk on my cell phone until it was during evening hours or on the weekend.

I wouldn't have to do tequila shots just to be socially acceptable.

I wouldn't have to cut out and save coupons, unless, of course, they were for more than 40% off.

I wouldn't have to do laundry and then try to match up socks that somehow seem to disappear in the rinse cycle.

I wouldn't have to phone people up in the middle of the night and say, "You busy?"

I wouldn't have to figure out how many more years it will take before I actually own my house.

I wouldn't have to be angry with the past or worried about the future.

I wouldn't have to know the location of every Dollar Store in every town I visit.

I wouldn't have to feel sorry for myself.

I wouldn't have to eat ice cream that was made by some generic company called "Ben and Harry's."

I wouldn't have to blame everyone else for screwing up the world.

I wouldn't have to haggle and argue with vendors at the flea market, unless they insisted.

I wouldn't have to join a club or take night classes just to fill in empty time.

I wouldn't have to worry if my inkjet cartridges would print one more photo.

I wouldn't have to listen to Anthony Robbins CD's.

I wouldn't have to ask the doctor if triple bypass heart surgery was really necessary.

I wouldn't have to just pretend to be smug, indifferent, or inaccessible.

In fact, I wouldn't even have to be me.
 






 








 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger