Monday, December 10, 2012

A Killing Frost


Frost

A Killing Frost

I see you
have dressed yourself in snow again
now that the stormy nights of summer
have exhausted your passion for lovemaking
and have left you complacently standing
like some lesser figure in a wintry tableau
there in the far corner of the yard.

I see you
there with a stove pipe carefully tilted on your head
with eyes the darkest colour of coal
and with arms disjointed and as thin as twigs
locked in an anomalous arthritic pose.

I see you
with your half-smile lips
a little too red
and a nose that mimics a crooked carrot
from which a single icicle warms
in the late afternoon sun and drips indifferently
in random rivulets that crease the length of your perfect body
with the beautiful imperfections of age and ice.

I see you
in the slant of sunset
and every spark of last light ignites
my desire for you still
even as I watch you from the window
behind drapes of silky sheer frost
quietly crackling across the glass
and creating vaporous designs that plume and bloom
until the pane is full
and you disappear completely
into the moonless night.
 





 

6 comments:

  1. A serious attachment to a snowman or an esoteric metaphor of profound enlightenment not understood by moi--I know not.

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this :
    "I see you
    in the slant of sunset
    and every spark of last light ignites
    my desire for you still
    even as I watch you from the window
    behind drapes of silky sheer frost
    quietly crackling across the glass
    and creating vaporous designs that plume and bloom
    until the pane is full
    and you disappear completely
    into the moonless night."

    I've felt frozen like that .......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments.

    I found this poem in my files, and for the life of me, I do not remember the context in which I wrote it.

    It's a bit odd, I suppose. A mixture of feelings based on how one can respond to another's drifting indifference.

    Something like that ... ;O]

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I might not fully understand this poem, I still like it very much. Is that possible?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger