Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snow Globe



A Winter's Tale

Snow Globe

i am living in a snow globe
right there
in the little plastic house
beneath the tall Christmas tree
where everything is
draped in frosted white

and yes
i would have you come in
pour you steamed coffee over
beans of vanilla
and offer you
some shortbread
dusted with
green and red sprinkles
those crumbling cookies
arranged just so
on my Dutch grandmother's
fine china serving plate
the one hand-painted with
wreaths of poinsettias

and yes
we could talk and flirt
with sparkling tinsel eyes
that wander beneath
sanctity and the fireplace light
and we could dance and drift
through all my tiny rooms
and maybe
just maybe
we could
and we would
fall in love

but there is always the globe
that delicate swirl of glass
between us
and shake it as hard as you might
there's really no way in for you
and no way out for me

so tip and turn
twist and yearn
spin my watery globe if you must
you will see my white world billow and blow
and you will see me tumble to and fro
but for all your shaking high and low
there is something you should probably know
the truth is
i don't really mind the snow
 




 

8 comments:

  1. You might recognise this poem from another time and another place, but it now needs a new home ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this one so it is new to me. A beautiful and creative poem....another product of your brilliant mind. I love it !! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it ... I'm not so sure my mind is quite so brilliant these days ... ;o}

      Delete
  3. I do remember this...I would love to see the china inside the globe :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly the only way in is to break the magic of the globe ... a metaphor for some experiences in life, perhaps ...

      Delete
  4. I remember being fascinated at the snow globe at gramma in the country's so many years ago and have loved them ever since. :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my very favorite Christmas poems ... ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger