Thursday, March 10, 2016

Do Not Go Gentle ...



Do Not Go Gentle ...

A few days ago, I found my old Better Homes and Garden's Family Medical Guide in the storage closet.

I'm quite stoked about it.

You see, I have been perusing through some of the common maladies, and according to this giant tome of a book, I should probably be dead. Yet, here I am ... alive and kicking.

OK, not kicking, per se, maybe sort of limping ... not sure ... it depends on the time of day.

Truth be told, I guess that, from time to time, we all wonder what death is all about.

I wish I could buy into that age-old theory that we go to Heaven, sort of a Disneyworld of the afterlife, but somehow I just can't wrap my head around the idea. I don't mind that the whole Paradise concept may not be a viable option, but what are the other options? Now, that's a BIG question.

Perhaps, we just slip away into nothingness — the old "dust to dust, ashes to ashes" scenario. I confess that I'm not a fan of that notion. It seems to me that we spend one helluva long time working and playing, playing and working, to just end up as a bit of dust, blowing through someone's window and making Auntie Amelia sneeze.

I have flirted with the idea of reincarnation. I'm a big fan of that notion. Still, here's the rub. Life is about consciousness, and my life is about my consciousness of me, just as your life is about your consciousness of you. Unless we carry that consciousness into another life, well, what's the point? If all we do is start over as a different consciousness, then there's no real memory of me at all. I guess that I would become a new consciousness, which is great, but of little solace. The consciousness that I now know of me would be gone. Kaput. Nada. See you later, alligator.

Another theory has your consciousness sort of rejoining a huge cosmic consciousness. It's as if you are part of a giant ocean, and you are a single wave in that ocean. For a time, you roll onto land, experience life, but eventually you drift back into the deeps of the sea. This idea seems a bit simplistic to me. And, for some strange reason, it makes me hungry for fish 'n' chips. Just sayin'.

Anything is possible, and really I don't see much point in worrying about it.

Look at it this way. There is life, and there is death. Each is a different state of being. You have to finish one before you can start the other. So, as long as you have some life to enjoy, well, enjoy it. There will be more time than enough to figure out the death experience when you die. Who knows? It may be "da bomb," a thrill ride like no other.

In the meantime, keep on truckin' ...
 







 








 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger