Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hell-No, Jell-O!




Hell-No, Jell-O!

Do you like Jell-O?

The other day I was shopping for milk and what not, and I saw a special on Jell-O — two packs for a dollar. Is that a good deal or what? We're talking a Canadian dollar, commonly referred to as a Loonie, because it's a coin with a loon engraved on the front. Probably not worth much in your currency.

Now, I don't usually buy Jell-O, because it's full of sugar. Oh yes, I know there is a sugar free kind, but they make that with aspartame. I don't eat aspartame. I did when it first came out, but it makes me schizophrenic, which may not always be a bad place to be, but I'm really trying to keep my personality integrated. I have enough crazy characters from my stories running around in my head, so it gets a little difficult remembering who I am sometimes.

So, the reason I bought this Jell-O was because it was Margarita flavour. I don't drink alcohol, and I have no idea what a Margarita is supposed to taste like, but somehow the whole idea of Jell-O made to mimic a cocktail appealed to me.

Of course, the whole concept of Jell-O-as-cocktail seems a bit strange. I mean, isn't Jell-O mostly a dessert for kids? Should the Jell-O people be concerned with the idea of introducing 4-year-olds to the pleasures of a Margarita? I wonder if there is a Singapore Sling flavour? Whiskey Sour? Gimlet? Harvey Wallbanger? Sex On The Beach?

Nothing like starting alcoholics off early ...

Oh, where will it all end?
 







 








 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger