Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Choisir


Uh-oh ...


Choisir

I guess it's safe to say that we have all made a million choices through the events of our lives. Sometimes, we choose for our own benefit, other times we choose for the benefit of others, and I guess there are times when we just choose without much thought at all.

Sometimes, I wonder if there are really any wrong choices in life. I mean, sure, sometimes you might choose a particular course of action that sort of blows up in your face, but what if that was exactly what was supposed to happen.

What if each "wrong" choice were really the "right" choice?

I know, I know, I'm flirting with some kind of weird determinism here, that everything we do is caused by a chain of events over which we have no control. Don't get me wrong, I'm an advocate of "free will" and all that, but isn't it free will that sends us reeling into the darkness from time to time? What if that was exactly what was supposed to happen ...

Most of us quickly recognise our goofs in life. Most of us suddenly realise how wrong we were to follow this or that path, most of us suddenly wake up one morning and say, "Ooops, what the hell was I thinking?", and most of us have the strength and determination to change what was so obviously the wrong choice.

Maybe that's the point. Maybe, it's like the age-old cliché, that we learn from the mistakes we make.

Maybe, as we stand in the rain and watch the 3:10 bus leaving without us, we learn to be at the bus stop at 3:05 the next day. So, from the "wrong" choice, we learn to make the "right" choice. Doesn't that make the "wrong" choice the "right" choice?

The problem, in all of this muddling, is that there are obviously people who repeatedly make the "wrong" choice, like they were addicted to screwing up, time after time, again and again.

I guess those people never catch the bus.

So it goes ...
 



 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry, I need to start reading your posts later in the day when my brain is functioning properly :)

      Delete
  2. Making choices ... sometimes jumping in with both feet and other times testing the water before taking the big plunge.

    My preferred choice is to wake up each morning, do the best I can with what I have, hopefully bring a little joy to someone's life, and stay below the radar. Does it always work out that way? More times than not. It all depends on who is using their free will to piss me off.

    Great blog ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob Buddha would say, "Nothing works better than what works good."

      So, if you have a recipe for choosing, you're halfway home ...

      Delete
  3. very nice tune

    some people are addicted to making the wrong choice...usually rebels :p

    for some of us there comes a time when we say, hey maybe everyone else is right and maybe I should conform on this one little thing

    then there are other times when it hits us like a ton of bricks, hey I can change my mind, I can rethink that choice, I can take it back and make another choice, sometimes it IS never too late

    this may not be where YOU were going with this, but this is where it took ME
    so it goes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... most days I have no idea where I'm going. I just throw it out there and hope someone else makes sense of it all. If someone, like you, does, I think to myself, "So it went ..."

      Delete
  4. "The problem, in all of this muddling, is that there are obviously people who repeatedly make the "wrong" choice, like they were addicted to screwing up, time after time, again and again.

    I guess those people never catch the bus."



    Yes, those are also the people who habitually blame the bus driver.

    ~Manfred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is interesting, Manfred. The whole concept of blame is worth an entire, separate blog ... I'll put it in the cue ...

      Delete
  5. Someone asked me once, "Was that your X?" I promptly replied with some measure of disgust,"More like Y".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger