Monday, March 11, 2013

Stealing Tomorrow From Today


The Sun Also Rises


Some mornings, I drift back to my coming of age years on the Canadian prairies. Some of my memories of those days are fragmented now. Some remain crystal clear. Regardless, I have always been intrigued by how we grow from the experiences that fostered in us a love for the world and those other times that were so horrific that they all but crushed the spirit to carry on.

Life is a mixture of joy and dread, and perhaps our happier moments are what carry us through the darker days. We live through even the worst despair, because we recognise the fingerprint of hope along the edge of the glass, even when it is half-empty. And that is my salvation — knowing that tomorrow is always this ambiguous promise of something better.

© Copyright, Kennedy James, 2013. All rights reserved.
 







 

8 comments:

  1. That's an unusual song, I have never heard it before, nor have I heard of the Great Lake Swimmers........hmmm, I used to live on one of the Great Lakes too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that is why I never heard them, though I have heard some Canadian singers I am sure.

      Delete
  2. I think as one gets older, it's easier to remember the good times rather than the difficult times. Both got us to where we are today ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some, it's a stranger mix than it is for others ... sometimes, I wonder how some people have survived, but we do ... for the most part, we do survive ...

      Delete
  3. well expressed as always :)
    fantastic photo and video

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danette ... that photo, as you prbably know, is my morning view ...

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger