Thursday, March 14, 2013

Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?




Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?

Someone asked me the other day if I thought she was sexy.

I must admit, my mind did something of a back flip at the time. I mean, how does one even begin to answer such a question? Isn't it as loaded as the two barrels of Grandpa's shotgun at Milly-Mae's hurry-up-because-the-baby-is-due-in-a-month wedding?

Let's say that I respond with a "Yes." Would the woman then think that I'm interested in something other than passing the time of day with her? Would she think that I might want to be passing something a little more personal her way?

Let's say that I respond with a "No." Then what? Would she feel insulted and think that I was the rear end of a mule?

What's the right answer?

Is there a right answer?

And what is sexy, anyway?

What is it that makes someone sexually attractive?

Is it a physical thing? Is it a pretty face or a handsome demeanour? Bedroom eyes or executive eyeware? Tumbling hair extensions or a shaved head? Is it a question of big boobs or big feet? A bouncing butt or long, thick fingers? An tiny waist or a six-pack of abs? Long legs or long dong?

Is a hot car sexy? A big screen TV? A mansion in the posh part of town? Fame? Power? Notoriety? Money? More money?

Or is it something more subtle? A positive attitude, a charming personality, a witty sense of humour, intelligence, poise, or something other than what pops out or up at you at first lustful glance?

Does "sexy" always mean "I want to have sex with you"? Is it possible to describe someone as sexy without having everyone in earshot think that you want to slap that ass in bed, become a contortionist in the back seat of a car, break your back on the staircase, or become an urban legend in the Burger King washroom? Is it possible to say, "I think you're sexy," without having to go the extra mile?

Now, I'm starting to wonder if I'm sexy? Do women see me walking in the mall and think, "Oooo, he's so sexy ..." Do they imagine ripping off my clothes and throwing me over the cell phone kiosk to dial up my number?

I'm not so sure that I want to be a sex object. Wait, OK, I don't mind the idea of being a sex object so much, but heck, please don't ask me if I think you're sexy. At the very least, let me buy you a cup of coffee first.

One thing, though, if you order a sweet roll to go with your coffee, and in your coyest, throatiest voice, you offer me a bite, well, it's game on, baby, it's game on ...
 




 

25 comments:

  1. Oh you Kennedy, you make me smile :-) If a woman ask you that question, I'm sure she has noticed your attitude and she is pretty sure of what you will answer: Yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... well, that solves that mystery ... uh, would she have to be Norwegian??

      Delete
    2. Do you mean that this is typical Norwegian way of thinking?

      Delete
    3. No ... I'm not sure if there is ever a typical way of thinking ... but generally speaking, Norwegian women are beautiful and sexy ... ;o}

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. On behalv of Norwegian women: Thank you! And I wasn't even asking ;-)

      Delete
    6. grr how can I fix spelling errors here?

      Delete
  2. Is it possible to say, "I think you're sexy," without having to go the extra mile?

    Of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KJ really?! There are so many sexy people all over the place, surely you can't always follow through. Just appreciation is fine except for that special one. Hmm!?

      Delete
    2. Sex is like tennis ... the best shots always involve a follow through ...

      15 — Love

      ;o}

      Delete
  3. I think you can say yes without expectation of more. I guess you never know. One time I referenced a kiss on the cheek and from then on only got a man fist to fist greeting. Lol. Kiss to fist. Lol I guess you never know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ... a kiss to fist ... that too funny ...

      Yes, you never know these days ...

      Delete
  4. I always thought honesty was sexy, KJ. If a woman was to ask me if I thought she was sexy, I would likely look into her eyes and answer her question with a question, and say with a smile, "What would you have me say?" or "What would you like to hear?"

    It puts the ball back in her court. She now realizes that she must lay bare her motive to someone capable of seeing right through her. She knows she must expose herself to someone capable of true intimacy, right from the very start--someone direct, someone who does not dawdle flirtatiously on the periphery, but instead can look into her soul. It's honest, and another way of asking, "What do you really want?" I think that's sexy.

    Regardless of her ultimate motive, whether she's on a fishing expedition for compliments or something more, it has always worked for me.

    ~Manfred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honesty ... yes it takes the flirt out of the situation ... and gives it a reality just waitin' to happen ...

      Delete
    2. I value honesty highly in people too. Especially in a relationship with a male. There are many people who toy with others or lie and use them so I think you're wise here - honesty is best right from the start. Great to see you here too.

      Delete
  5. sexy is in the mind of the beholder, to me it IS something more subtle

    that WAS a loaded question...if you need to ask then maybe you are not, I think most sexy people are confident enough know it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rod is one of few people who can get away with asking that question :) ..but if anyone asks, well it would just be plain awkward, not to mention mean to say no.
    ..what does sexy mean?.. maybe Something EXtra Yummy.. which means a whole lot of things qualify..
    personality can be sexy..and smarts..like you said though..it's different strokes for different folks... :)

    Sexy write! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rod is one of few people who can get away with asking that question :) ..but if anyone asks, well it would just be plain awkward, not to mention mean to say no.
    ..what does sexy mean?.. maybe Something EXtra Yummy.. which means a whole lot of things qualify..
    personality can be sexy..and smarts..like you said though..it's different strokes for different folks... :)

    Sexy write! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Or is it something more subtle? A positive attitude, a charming personality, a witty sense of humour, intelligence, poise, or something other than what pops out or up at you at first lustful glance?"

    Yes! Yes! Yes!

    Sexy, to me, has more to do with attitude, compassion, and intelligence. A good looking man can be a total jerk, and that's not sexy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ma'am ... some "sexy" people really become too full of themselves to be sexy at all ...

      Delete
  9. What's sexy to one, may not be sexy to another. A lot of women think Brad Pitt is sexy. I think he is just another actor. I think Leonard Cohen is one of the sexiest men alive, other women look at him and see nothing but old.

    Asking if one thinks you are sexy is just part of the dance. I think when a person asks that, they already know the answer. It's just a way to lead to the dance floor.

    And some people get told they are sexy by someone who really thinks they are extremely sexy, yet they always have to go out and seek another opinion......it makes one wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, some people live in a world of insecurity and stand by the punch bowl ... some just dance ...

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger