Sunday, March 01, 2015

Cereal Killer




Cereal Killer

I'm slopping a bowl of Cheerios over my dirty white T-shirt as I type this morning. I woke up starving. Wonder why some days are like that?

I like cereal, but I miss the prizes that used to be tucked into the box. When I was a kid, every box of cereal had some little plastic trinket mixed in with the Rice Krispies or the Sugar Pops.

In our home, you weren't allowed to stick your hand in the box and fish around for the prize. I had two sisters, and my mother's rule was that whoever "poured" the prize into his or her bowl, then you claimed the trinket as your own. If I remember correctly, I used to have heaping bowls of cereal.

Now we get nothing. Well, maybe that's not completely true. I did get a Tony the Tiger toothbrush in a box of Frosted Flakes a few years back. I thought that was pretty ironic, actually.

I guess there's a lesson here. Maybe, life is like the cereal box. You hope for a prize, but sometimes all you get are the corn flakes. Sometimes, it leaves you wondering if life's prizes and surprises have all been used up.

Quelle drag ...
 







 








 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger