Tuesday, March 03, 2015

What if ...




What if ...

I've been thinking back lately. I'm not sure why. I usually tend to be forward thinking. Lately, however, I've had some blasts of memory creeping into my life.

Sentimental journeys are funny things. All those people you met along the way. Ever wonder what became of them? Sometimes, it's hard to imagine. I guess some of them show up on your Facebook doorstep, and you might even rekindle a friendship over the Internet.

There are a handful of people I owe some gratitude for helping me out along the way. Then there are those whose help and love I declined to accept, and sometimes I wonder, "What if ....?"

What if I had stayed on the prairies and not moved to Toronto? What if I had married so-and-so? What if I never had children? What if? What if? What if?

I can't say that I have any regrets, well, maybe a few, but all this speculation about the past seems a bit silly, actually.

It's the speculation about the future that cuts a bit more deeply. The past is done and gone, but all those future "What ifs" can scare the hell out of anyone.
 








 








 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger