Thursday, March 05, 2015

Love




Love

"I love you ..."

Have you ever wondered how many times you have said those three magic words? More than once, surely. More than a hundred, probably. More than many thousands, possibly.

I must admit that I have difficulty with those three simple words.

The thing is that love is love. It's a single word. It should have a specific, single meaning, but like so many words in our language, it has all these variations. And what crazy variations.

Love your dog or cat? Of course. Love your children? Of course. Same feeling? Of course not.

"I love you ..." Simple words, and yet so imprecise because they have so many different meanings in so many different contexts. Saying "I love you" to your mother or father is different from saying "I love you" to your lover. In fact, sometimes saying "I love you" to your mother is completely different from saying "I love you" to your father. And on and on it goes.

So, when you say, "I love you" to your lover, what are you saying? When does that word, "love," suddenly become more than what it meant when you crooned, "I love you, Booboo," to your cocker spaniel or your calico pussy?

Yeah, I don't get it.
 







 








 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger