Tuesday, March 24, 2015

If It's Love




If It's Love

And if it's love, how will you know for sure?

Will I be the first thing on your mind when you wake in the morning? Will I be the last thought you have as you tumble into sleep? In the in between, will you know what I'm thinking, know how I worry about this or that, feel that I am with you even when I'm not?

Will you find the child in you, the silly giggling girl you thought was gone forever? Will you make a space for me in your life, a place for me to stand or sit, a pillow for me on your bed, a special coffee cup for me to use, a dozen empty hangers in your closet for my clothes?

Will I drift into your hopes and dreams? Will I be the missing piece of a puzzle you gave up solving years ago? Will I be the rain that makes you grow? Will I be the sun that warms your heart even on the coldest day of your coldest thoughts?

Will you find me in a song? Will you watch the moon and wonder? Will you smile unexpectedly? Will you shiver for no reason?

Yes, if it's love, how will you know for sure?
 







 








 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger