Thursday, April 11, 2013

Driftin' Blues





I've been driftin', baby,
Driftin' all through the night,
Been thinking about our love,
Not sure why we never get it right.

I've been driftin', baby,
Driftin' for oh so long,
They say there's thirteen steps to surrender,
Sweetheart, I'm just not that strong.

I've been driftin', baby,
Driftin' wide and far,
When you say you want to live with me forever,
It's like you're wishin' on a shooting star.

I've been driftin', baby,
Driftin' over stormy seas,
You tell me I need to take a look at the future,
But, sugah, I can't see the forest for the trees.

I've been driftin', baby,
Driftin' east and west,
Don't want to break your heart,
But, honey, it's what I seem to do the very best.



© Copyright, Kennedy James. All rights reserved.


 
 



 

15 comments:

  1. Time, experience, and age sure has a way of helping us relate. A dose of reality too. Ah, the drifters blues ..... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well, with all the snow flying here today, it's a good day for the blues ... brrrr ... ;o}

      Delete
  2. I was going to say, we need to find you an anchor, but after reading the comments I don't think that will help the snow drifts :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great conclusion but I'm not sure that's only thing which you do very best ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there may be one or two other things ... ;o}

      Delete
  4. Are you wearing your mittens today? Great Clapton tune ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this kitten has gots his mittens ...

      Delete
    2. Thank you for adding the "Lyrics" box ... it's great!

      Delete
  5. I love these last couple of poems, your inspiration is running hot, despite your snowy weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but to be honest, I call these my "simpler" poems, because I write them in a single breath ... quickly and without much editing. Sometimes, that's probably the best way. ;o}

      Delete
  6. When I read poems like this, I kind of worry that you shall fall into that hole of misery and pain all of your followers so well remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm ... interesting observation ... but not to worry, I am fine and in a great place in my life right now. Sometimes, as you probably know, I dance with the darkness, but that's just my poetic posture and not always a true read of what I'm feeling at the moment. :o}

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger