Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sisyphus Revisited



Sisyphus Revisited

Sometimes you're skipping happily along the road of life, when suddenly, just around the next bend, there is a mountain you have to climb.

Now, I am not a mountaineer, but I have learned that we have to climb these mountains with the faith that, on the other side, there will be a valley with a new and easier road ahead.

Even if a nuclear bomb falls in your path, and all you can see through the smoke is a vast wasteland ahead of you, there's not a lot of sense to just stopping the journey and melting into the nuclear ash. The fact that you're still standing after such a blast should tell you something. Keep walking. When the world moves on, so must you.

Life has its moods. For some reason, it will not let us remain happy for too long. Instead, there always seems to be a rise and fall to everyone's fortunes and misfortunes. And that is how it should be. If life were a straight line, with no ups and downs, no mountains to climb and no valleys to enjoy, then there would be no challenge to living. I suppose we would all be content and satisfied with everything and everyone, but we would also be brutally bored as well as brutally boring.

I like the challenges of life. I like the obstacles that pop up from time to time. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would continue to think and grow as a person.

No, life is not a straight line. The only straight line that life offers is the straight line scrolling across the heart monitor that tells all the interested parties that, yes, you're dead.

By the way, in the event of that happening to me, there will be no song of the day for you to play. My apologies ... in advance ...
 





 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, I can't imagine a flat life, one without the mountains and the valleys, the ups and the downs, and the good days and the not so good days. It's called life, and we all have one.

    Happy Saturday! I'm going to have Donovan's song stuck in my head all day long ... tra-la-la!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello my friend! whatever happened, i hope you will find a wise way to deal with it. i can't say i appreciate the challenges or difficulties of life, but this is how it is, and we better accept that as a fact. i wish we learnt more about how to solve problems and come well through difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courage, strength of character, faith ... these are the things that get us through the hard times, I think ...

      Delete
  3. I believe we experience hardship and evil in order to become their masters. In time, we overcome even the worst adversity, while all the while remaining mellow-yellow in the process.

    ~Manfred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... don't think I didn't get the allusion ...

      Delete
  4. I'm so agree with you. Maybe that's the secret of happy moments! Hope you're taking pare of the good side of the life right now ! Have a wonderful weekend KJ !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well, I always try to walk on the bright side of the street ... ;o}

      Delete
  5. so true the lows make the highs so much better
    Donovan is awesome...both of them (grandson is the other one) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, your grandson is a fine and handsome boy ... getting bigger by the day ... :o}

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger