Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Jambalaya Of Love



The Jambalaya Of Love

We all have friends in life, and I guess we have enemies as well. I don't think that I have ever met anyone who has purposely meant to do me harm, but I know such people exist. I know that some of you have encountered people who, for whatever reason, decided they didn't like you and, worse, decided to make your life a living hell.

Now, I can remember feeling that an ex-girlfriend or two betrayed me, but maybe that's different. Breaking up a relationship, whether it be three months or years in duration, is like jambalaya — everything gets so mixed up in that pot of gumbo that it's as impossible to sort out the shrimp from the chicken as it is to differentiate the sense of lingering loss from the need to move on. So, yes, I may have harboured some angst toward one or two past loves, but for the most part, I have always been able to walk away with my dignity intact, or at the very least, feeling fairly indifferent to the whole scene.

I guess we would all like to be "perfect" lovers and maybe even "perfect" past lovers. It would be nice if, after all the jambalaya is scraped from everyone's plate, we could then be "perfect" friends or companions. The sad truth is, however, that the very spiciness of that jambalaya has a tendency to create a unsavoury gas that sometimes comes out as a belch of stinky remorse, if not of downright hatred.

Sometimes, it may be hard to fathom what one will do after all the wondrous moments are gone, but there is life after a lost love. Of that much, I am certain.

Simply scrub out the pot, and find a good recipe for Irish Stew ...
 

 

10 comments:

  1. There are those who feel moving on has something to do with forgiveness. Forgiving someone who betrayed me or made me feel really bad about myself ... nope, not in this lifetime. They need to seek redemption elsewhere.

    Otherwise, I'm good to go ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I did not forgive then I would be living in the past and that would not be healthy...it took me years to forgive a very abusive person, I started by forgiving myself for not being able to let go of that horrible resentment and then I moved forward...making spaghetti sauce now :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. when this song first came out I was like what???? but wow it rings true for so many people...great selection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... It's a good song ... Uncommon for Nazareth...

      Delete
  4. "I have always been able to walk away with my dignity intact, or at the very least, feeling fairly indifferent to the whole scene." Thick to that feeling, Kennedy. That's so important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember thinking I'd die. Life couldn't possibly go on. I'm glad I've learned it does. I've disconnected myself in a lot of ways to heal but I can live. I can live with all sorts of scenarios now. I hope my kids can learn that from me and not have to suffer like I did to understand there's so many facets to life. I don't need a man to define me. I hope my girls will understand and know that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger