Sunday, April 21, 2013

I Want To Dance Naked



I Want To Dance Naked

i want to dance naked
want to rip the clothes from this failing body
and pirouette once or twice
through the evening fog of love's confusion
but if i fall exhausted in the light of the lamppost
please don't leave me there lying on the ground

i want to feel the madness
of poetry and song
scribble notes on rags of vellum
and throw them high into the wind
but if i crash and burn in the prickles by the garden wall
please don't leave me there lying on the ground

i want to warble in the yellow dust of dawn
catch the chickadees by surprise
and peck at the potpourri of seeds from the bird feeder
but if i choke and faint on top of your prize rose bush
please don't leave me there lying on the ground

i want to live through the chaos of hope
and follow the path of passion until the sun begins to wane
but if i die before the end of days
i'll be long gone and far away
so please don't look for me lying in the ground
 





 

9 comments:

  1. Nice song but it'd be better with your words!
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doronette ... I hope you have a nice Sunday as well ...

      Delete
  2. as long as we can dance naked in the moonlight, "I'm in"...daylight is not so kind to this old body...sweet little tune...I am spinning

    hint hint...I asked you a question two or three blogs back (about the senses)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm ... moonlight is good ... you'll probably get to see a full moon ... ;o}

      OK, off to check the hint hint ...

      Delete
  3. Love the poem ... naked works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you had danced naked more often in the days of your youth, you'd be walking around with a perpetual sh*t-eatin' grin more often these days, KJ.

    ~Manfred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't say that I was ever shy ... haha ...

      Delete
  5. *sigh*...stumbling in to pay homage to the master of romance.. thank you for the March 3 romance fix.. I know where to come when I need a top-up of that oh-so-titillating drug in the form of your musically cushioned poetic murmurings. now if I could only find a way to inject them..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger