Saturday, April 27, 2013

Superman



Superman

I wonder whatever became of Superman. It has been ages since I read a comic book. I do know that, at one point in the 80's, he died, but was resurrected somehow. When I was a kid, I loved reading DC comics, and Superman was always my favourite. The thought of being invincible and able to fly was too thrilling for words. And all those super powers ... what I wouldn't have traded for the ability to have x-ray vision ... hmmm ... imagine the possibilities ...

My young years were full of super heroes. There was Batman, of course, but I was never sure what his super power was. Maybe it was having money, or at least enough money to buy all those fancy electronic gizmos.

Then there was Spider-Man, who zipped around the city by flinging spider web silk everywhere. I never really bought into the spider thing. It just didn't seem possible even to my wild imagination, but I did like the movie versions of Spider-Man. Tobey Maguire is a great actor, and Kirsten Dunst is very easy on these tired old eyes.

Of course, another favourite was Wonder Woman, especially as played on television by Lynda Carter. The TV series and my leap into puberty sort of coincided. As I watched her run, leap, and bounce around in her skimpy little costume while she battled crime, I was having all kinds of wonderful experiences under the comforter in the front room every brisk and wintry Saturday afternoon.

Well, I guess that, at some point in your life, you leave your superheroes behind and work on becoming your own superhero. And maybe, just maybe, we all have a super power, even if we don't recognise it in ourselves.

I think my super power must be patience, because all my life I've been waiting for love to come and stay forever.
 



 

8 comments:

  1. Do you suppose as one grows older, one becomes more patient?

    As for super heroes, I don't recall having one while growing up. My thing was Nancy Drew mysteries ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, Nancy Drew ... didn't she marry her brother or cousin? Something weird like that ...

      Delete
    2. Well, I don't remember that happening. Do you know something you would like to share with your readers?

      Delete
  2. "I wonder whatever became of Superman."

    I think the real Superman left town a few years ago--seems it was about the time truth, justice and the American way became subjective values.

    ~Manfred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I always say, "It's the American way or the highway...."

      Delete
  3. ....oh...hang on a sec while I quit quivering....that's some voice..when he hits those low notes its real special..

    I think every girl needs a hero..whether its Tarzan or Superdude..or that man who caught her eye.

    And I have super powers too! I can see in the dark, but only after sunrise..and I can translate just about any sentence spoken with a mouthful of toothpaste.

    You're patient huh? Impressive. I'd be happy to have the chance to look love in the eye for even a moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lottie ... well, you have amazing super powers ... especially with regards to toothpaste ... haha ...

      Look love in the eye? I'd be careful not to blink ... ;o}

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger