Friday, April 12, 2013

Summer Of Love






you gave me a flower
and assured me it was the fuse to peace
you gave me a raindrop
and called it the teardrop of injustice
you gave me the western wind
and asked if i could see it cross the sky
you gave me three kisses
and took two back
you gave me hope
and tucked it inside my shirt
just before you confessed
you were leaving for good
and so you gave me
your greatest gift of all
"Freedom," you said
instead of your love
your love
your summer love
a puff of seeds in the breeze
finding its way through an open door
and then gone forever
and for that
i am truly grateful


© Copyright, Kennedy James. All rights reserved.


 
 




 

7 comments:

  1. your summer love
    a puff of seeds in the breeze
    finding its way through an open door
    and then gone forever "

    Awesome write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, a redefinition of terms or just another perspective? I don't know. I suppose it all depends on motive.

    ~Manfred

    ReplyDelete
  3. the poem together with the tune gave me chills...those were awesome times, what could be better than peace and free love? :p

    Jesse Colin Young has such a smooth voice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't get any better than The Youngbloods and "Summer Of Love" ... the photo is perfect for both. Peace!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger