Friday, September 21, 2012

Amor Platonicus

Uh-oh ...


Amor Platonicus

Platonic love?

Love without making love?

Good for priests and nuns, good for hyperidealists and idiosurrealists, but not for me.

Now, don't get me wrong. I completely understand that, in some relationships, sex may be physically impossible. Health issues can turn off the tap, so to speak, but even then, you don't always need a gurgling hose in hand to make love.

Passion can be fulfilled in many forms, and a gentle caress of words can travel many miles to unite flesh to flesh. Well, it needn't be gentle, I suppose.

I think intimacy, in all its variations, is what differentiates a relationship from a friendship. You can have a friendship with someone you love, but you can't have a relationship with someone with whom you don't make love or have some form of intimate relations.

Passionate love requires, no, demands its connection beyond the insistence, "I love you." Passionate love seeks fulfilment, in every sense of the word. Without that intimate connection, you only have mashed potatoes without the gravy, rice without the soy sauce, roast beef without the horseradish, strawberries without the whipped cream ...

Yeah, I don't know why the food metaphors either.

Oh, and don't be whining about being too stressed, too tired, too fat, too old, too whatever-your-excuse-is. The message you're sending is that you don't give a corn dog about the other person.

And don't be saying, "We both decided it was best this way." One of you decided. Trust me, the other is just playing along in total frustration or, worse still, fulfilling the need somewhere else.

Love relationship without love making? Pfffft ... who you fooling?

C'mon ... time to get your groove on.




 





 




16 comments:

  1. What??? love without sex ??? That's like having pie crust without the filling !! I agree with all you have said here Kennedy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~smile~ ... have to agree with you on this one too!!
    I have never understood those who dont have sex because they have a headache, or are stressed out ... surely sex would be the perfect remedy ... release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Def gotz that righ' ;) I know people that are still scarred by their ex's lack of intimacy. There has to be a connection for a relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there are many forms of intimacy, I guess, but probably nothing more intimate than making love ...

      Delete
  4. You're right on target about everything you've written here, KJ. And no, distance, in this technological age, does not diminish the quality of a relationship one iota.

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Internet offers a whole new range of intimacy ...

      Delete
  5. It is not fun living without love or sex, I hope I get my groove on before it gets too late LOL

    love the tune

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's never too late ... well, unless you're six feet under ... but we won't think about that quite yet ...

      Delete
  6. Passionate love seeks fulfilment..true indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sex sure is complicated. :) I have a friend whose lover will only make love with a paper bag over his head. What's with that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's a little beyond weird ... maybe s/he wants to be the "unknown lover" ...???

      Delete
  8. Not really a promising 'come hither', but lately I'm in 'some kind of nothing much' but a little spring gardening and contemplating making my own pasta. Do I really want to make it myself? How about making my own ice-cream? What for? These are the sort of mind-numbing questions I've been busy with. No sex relationship in sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, it's the arrival of spring in your part of the world. The change in season will hopefully brighten your mood.

      And, don't worry, the sex will come ... ;o}

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger