Saturday, September 08, 2012

Kennedy's Konscience

Mmmmm ... you know you want one ...

Kennedy's Konscience

The funny thing is that you should have known there would eventually be no more brownies in the pan.

You ate them all. Every last one of them.

They should have lasted you much longer, because someone had cut them into tiny perfect squares. There were a lot of tiny perfect squares at the beginning. Even halfway through the pan, there seemed to be quite a few tiny perfect squares left. It was only a little while ago that you noticed the tiny perfect squares were dwindling in number.

Then you simply said, "Oh, the hell with it,' and you ate all the remaining squares in one silly binge while you watched baseball on television.

So, before you knew it, there were only crumbs left in the pan, and just this morning you did the finger press thing and ate up all the crumbs as well, after muttering to yourself, "Today, I must really pick up another pan of brownies at the store."

Life seems so replaceable sometimes.

Well, except for certain things, like good health, honesty, commitment, friendship, love, and a bunch of other abstract notions. Sometimes, those things are a bit harder to replace.

I wonder what you would do if there were no more pans of brownies at the store?

May I suggest the date squares or the strawberry and custard tarts? Lovely with a cup of cappuccino.


 





 

9 comments:

  1. Ooooo ... I really like the way your photos change at the very bottom of the screen. Each one is fabulous!

    As for the pan of brownies, that is so unfair. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If ice cream was ever irreplaceable, I'd be in a world of hurt ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream used to be my main course at dinner ... now, alas, not so much ...

      Delete
  3. you have been watching me haven't you? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent 30 minutes on my treadmill this afternoon.......then went to the store to buy ingredients to make a cheesecake. Yep, I will be fat soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work out on a treadmill as well. Then, for the rest of the day, I think I can eat just about anything and everything. Somehow, I'm missing a key ingredient in my approach to good health.

      Delete
  5. Yes, this is something most of us can relate to. But then..almost without noticing, it effects our health. I have never been overweight, but have had a relaxed attitude to what I eat. Until last spring. Now I'm on a fabulous diet where I eat small meals every third hour. I feel more healthy than ever, I'm never really hungry, I'm not suffering from allergies like before, and 8 kilos have just disappeared. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger