Friday, September 28, 2012

Life's Little Instructions: Sing In The Shower


Your Morning Chuckle


Life's Little Instructions: Sing In The Shower

I am not one to sing in the shower, but I suspect it has therapeutic benefits, and I plan to start this morning.

Most people find the shower a final refuge from the madness of a hurly burly life. So why not bubble out a few verses of "That's Amore," "Que Sera, Sera," "Benny and the Jets," or maybe just do the "Na-na-na-naaa ..." sequence from "Hey Jude," and get more blather for your lather?

It really doesn't matter if you're a little off-key or a bit pitchy. After all, it's the shower, not the American Idol auditions. You can get the words wrong, lose track of the melody, bottlecap the rhythm — what the heck — it's your stage and usually your only audience will be the soap and that gnarly exfoliating set of colourful loofahs.

Anyone else, say disgusted family members or nosy neighbours, listen at their own risk.

So why not? Let 'er rip.

After all, in a world that expects you to get everything right, it's nice to have a place where you can get everything wrong and still walk out feeling cleansed and refreshed.


 





 

12 comments:

  1. It is refreshing. I have found it rejuvenating. My favorite is oooh I'm driving my life away. Looking for a sunny day ! :) great song and fun to sing. Happy singing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Most people find the shower a final refuge from the madness of a hurly burly life." I have never thought of that before...but you are right! :-)
    Lovey and funny reflections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a refuge ... and so is a quiet hot bath ... mmmm ...

      Delete
  3. I only sing in the shower when I am home alone. I'm shy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but you sing, and that's the important thing ...

      Delete
  4. smiles....this speaks to me of metaphors....feeling the pressure lately...are we ?

    grins...

    its what i feel each time i wonder bout sharing my stuff on g+ or fb....and i dont...i'd rather sing my offkey notes on my own.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too often wonder about how G+ and FB are tied into everything these days ... things online certainly have changed ...

      Delete
  5. 'I am not one to sing in the shower, but I suspect it has therapeutic benefits, and I plan to start this morning. ' ..so...what song did you choose for your début?..I hope you didn't chicken out. :)
    That Louis Armstrong song would've been a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... yes, I love the music of Satchmo, but my song of choice was Queen's "We Will Rock You" ... mainly because I know the lyrics ...

      glub ... glub ...

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger