Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Random Life


Everything Is Random

A Random Life

One of the new catch phrases among teenagers here is, "It's so random ..."

Some kids have it down to a fine art. Every second sentence is, "Oh, it's so random ..."

Good things, "random."

Bad things, "random."

In-between things, "random."

I want to live in a "random" universe too.

I'm sick and tired of my cause-and-effect universe. I'm sick and tired of feeling like somehow I am responsible for everything that is a part of my life, because the truth is that I'm not. I can't control the actions and feelings of everyone I know. Some days, I can barely control my own actions and feelings. No, I'd much rather have the assurance that at least a part of what happens to me is simply "random."

Take you and me, for example. Who could have ever predicted that I would be writing this for you or that you would be reading what I write. Some of you I know, in a small way, but most of you I don't know at all. We spend a few minutes together here, but then you go your way and I go mine. It's all so random, don't you think?

When I woke up this morning, I felt happier than I have in quite some time. I guess there are reasons why I feel so good, and maybe I even know those reasons, but in a random world, you just don't care. I mean, you care, but you never try to figure out and analyse every minute of your experience. You just live moment to moment. You just "go with the flow" sort of thing, because no matter what you say or do, there is only the random flow of experience anyway. No regrets, no second-guessing. No glass half-full and no glass half-empty. Just the glass of water ... drink while you can.

If everything is random, then anything is possible. If everything is random, you get to dream the impossible, and better still, you somehow know that even the most impossible dreams have a chance of coming true.

That's how I want to live.


 




 

9 comments:

  1. Ah, but if everything is "random," then there's no impetus to try, is there? If everything is "random," then we can't hold ourselves responsible for anything, either, can we? It's my belief that nothing, except a God-produced incident, is "random."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you may be right, but don't you think that sometimes life is just a throw of the dice?

      Delete
    2. "Ah, but if everything is "random," then there's no impetus to try, is there? If everything is "random," then we can't hold ourselves responsible for anything, either, can we? It's my belief that nothing, except a God-produced incident, is "random."

      I actually agree with both you and KJ, Jeanie. Saying that everything is random, DOES absolve us of responsibility, or guilt, at least in our own minds it does; however, it also instills in us a sense of powerlessness, and hence, hopelessness, that we can do little or nothing to improve our environment or our lot in life. On the other hand, look back on your own life, how much of it did you actually plan?

      ~M

      Delete
  2. It's like nowadays we should ask us if we want to live or not to live in a random world... As for me, I prefer rather not to ask too much questions, just to enjoy life and be happy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sound advice ... I may be too much of a question asker for my own good sometimes ...

      Delete
  3. A random act of kindness comes to mind. If I had to live the rest of my life flying by the seat of my pants, without any direction at all, I don't think it would work for me. I need structure and a sense of direction. Random has its place but not 24/7 ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "flying by the seat of my pants"

      Well, some people wear out the seat of their pants by not doing anything at all ... not sure which is worse ...

      Delete
  4. One day quite awhile ago, I was browsing random blogs here and came across Kennedy James and fell in love with his style of writing and his creative and beautiful mind . So I followed him anonymously for quite some time since I am always rather intimidated by people who are out of my league when it comes to writing.

    Random is good, random led me to you.

    But I would not want everything to be random. I need a bit of control over my life, but the older I get, I realize that I am not responsible for everything that happens to me as there are some things that are beyond our control.

    Glad you woke up happy today :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger