Wednesday, October 31, 2012

love is sneaky


Ooooo ... you sweet dancing fool ...

love is sneaky

           love is sneaky
                   upside down freaky
             on a good day a little cheeky
       sometimes leaky
BUT OH THAT BIG BASS DRUM
            beats such good time
                   and bangs with such vibrancy
            it near pops the tops of my two heads off

love is tricky
                      sometimes a little picky
       but better a quickie
                            than going home with just a hickey

She says ...
                                    "Come on over, Kennedy,
                            I'll rock your bones
                                  and tomorrow you'll
                      wake up a real man."
And I'm thinking ...
                                   "I wonder what she'll
                                                make for breakfast?
                        I'm partial to toast and honey ..."

                    love is weepy
                            sometimes creepy
                                            and it can make you sleepy
"Is Lazarus home?"
"No, Lazarus has gone back to his tomb."
"See if he's home, OK?"
"Trust me.  Lazarus is dead and buried."
"Lazarus was home last night."
"Yes, but Lazarus can't be popping in and out of his grave every night."
"Let me knock and see if I can raise him."
"Only Jesus could do that."
"Oh, look sweetie, he's coming up for another visit."

                                  love is up and down
                         a smile and a frown
                                                    a quick exit out of town

"I tell you, Johnson, it was the same old razzmatazz.  There I was running naked as a jaybird through the garden.  Good grief, Johnson, all the due diligence in the world could not have predicted her husband would come home just as I was about to seal the deal.  And the funny thing is, he was carrying a bouquet of flowers.  I was pretty sure they weren't for me."

                                        love is stop and go
                                  the two halves of an Oreo
                         it's an "I don't know"
                               a blow by blow
                                            that kicks your sweet ass with a clout
                                                    and near knocks you out        

hold me, scold me, do what you told me
          but get this straight
                      get this right
    i have feelings like everyone does
                    you can't just come over to see my paintings
and say, "Don't  show me ... blow me ..."
        this is not Missouri
                      and i won't be spoken to like that
          at least tell me you showered ...

                            love is romantic
                      sometimes a little frantic
                rarely gigantic
                         but if you can do a little cooking
                and you're not half bad looking
                               there's a someone out there somewhere
                   with a life to share and a mind to care
                         about you and yours
                                     you'll likely find him or her
                               in the strangest place i'm sure

                      just remember
                          love is more than give and take
                  more than a midnight shake 'n' bake
                              it's a train and a tunnel
                          a mix of emotions dripping through a funnel
                    a guesswork recipe for tomorrow and a day
                             and so all i really have left to say
                         before i let you sneak away
                    before you leave through the door marked "Adieu"
                                   is simply that i hope you know blue from blue
                                                      and that if your love is honest and true
                              then love will always be true to you



 





 

11 comments:

  1. "She says ...
    'Come on over, Kennedy,
    I'll rock your bones
    and tomorrow you'll
    wake up a real man.'
    And I'm thinking ...
    'I wonder what she'll
    make for breakfast?
    I'm partial to toast and honey ...' "




    The day I start thinking that, KJ, is the day I'll know it's all over. Excellent poem.

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is insanity at it's best.........or maybe at it's worst.

    Enjoyed this poem Kennedy. You are just plain brilliant :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love can be a little chaotic. What interested me in this poem is some of the madcap costumes love sometimes wears. I guess that I was thinking in terms of Hallowe'en ... not sure ... ;o}

      Delete
  3. "and that if your love is honest and true
    then love will always be true to you"

    I firmly believe this to be true ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...two halves of an oreo.. :) with vanilla cream or chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha .. Lazarus is the ultimate zombie ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger