Monday, October 15, 2012

Dream A Little Dream

Your Morning Chuckle


Dream A Little Dream

Some learned philosopher, Jiminy Cricket I think, once said that dreams do come true.

I hope not. I'm not so sure that I want my dream world getting all mucked up by reality.

In a dream, anything goes. You can be anyone you wish to be. You can live anywhere you want to live. You can have fame and fortune and friends galore, not to mention a long queue of lovers who come and go with the latest media heartthrobs.

I don't mind that my sleeping dreams and my daydreams are not real, and almost always, not even possible. Reality can be a drag, so we all need moments when we simply let the unreality of imagination fly, when we allow ourselves the luxury of letting fantasy flourish.

Too often, people confuse dreams with hopes and goals for the future. Dreaming that someday you will find happiness, wealth, or true love, for example, are not really dreams. These are hopes and an expectations. Each has a chance, maybe just a very slim chance, but each does have a chance of coming true. Dreaming that Johnny Depp is going to come swashbuckling through your bedroom window with his pirate sword drawn is a dream. The chances of that happening are nil to none.

Anything that might come true simply cannot be a dream. A dream owes nothing to truth and the real world. In fact, a dream is the opposite of reality. A dream is an escape from the ho-hum world of everyday life — meeting deadlines, showing up for work, paying bills, well, all that stuff.

So, go ahead and dream. Explore and enjoy the impossible. You deserve it.





 

19 comments:

  1. Dreaming has sth from spirituality. What life would be if we could live only with this what we can see or touch? Let's use imagination and let's fly to happiness !

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite picture in your little coffee club slide show at the bottom of the page..is a scene from a dream I think..must be some kind of trippin dream..with two chubby naked folk (except for their very fetching hats) sitting on packets of coffee, next to an absolutely piping hot steaming kettle on a sled being pulled by a hoard of hares through the snow, and watched by a couple of squirrels sipping cups of coffee. Wow. That's imagination. Hehe, must be verrrry special coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the special blend of various coffee beans that makes you a little squirrelly ...

      Delete
  3. Ah to dream is but a dream within a dream :) gm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its important to hang onto ones fantasies ... ones imagination ... because dreams do come true!!! ~grin~ ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always dreamed of living the country life and never having to work again in my life ... a totally unrealistic desire considering my fortunes ... but some where out of the blue ... it landed in my lap and I have to admit its even better than the dream!

      Delete
    2. Some dreams do apparently come true ... :o}

      Delete
  5. where would we be without our dreams? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best Mama Cass song ever. Such a pity she had to leave us much too soon.

    My dreams have been nothing short of strange most nights. They seem to hop from one scene to another, with no real connection. Daydreaming ... that's the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dreams don't come through, but if we really want, we can make many of them real. Daydreaming isn't my thing, I would rather try to find a way through what there might be of challenges and problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I think you must be a realist, Amalie ... not a bad approach to life ...

      Delete
  8. I imagine most people do their best.

    For me it goes like this:
    I find many dreams nice, but I have no need "of dreaming my life away".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that seems sensible enough ... it's nice to dream, of course, but eventually we have to live in the reality of our world ...

      Delete
  9. Man is 80% water. If he has no dreams or goals in life, he is just a vertical puddle...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger