Saturday, October 13, 2012

Talkin' Wash Day Blues


Who's Hanging On The Wall???

Talkin' Wash Day Blues

Flotsam and jetsam
Eyes shut
It's Saturday morning
Same old pitch and putt

"Tell me something."
"I would if I could but I forget most everything."
"You're impossible. Tell me a story."
"Give me the password first."
"Password? What password? What are you talking about? Jesus Christ ..."
"Pass."

Shuga, shuga
Shuga, shuga
Coulda, woulda
Shuga, shuga
I'm in your wash cycle, baby,
Don't shake me loose

I was in Paris once, and I fell in love with a Paris girl. Not any specific girl. Not, like, one that had a name and a real identity, or even a secret identity. Just some Paris girl, one whom I made up in my imagination.

"Are you lying again? You are, aren't you?"
"How can that be lying?"
"I don't know. I don't trust storytellers like you. You make things up."
"You may be right."
"Well, I wish you would stop. Just stop living imaginary scenarios."
"Live in the real world, you mean?"
"Yes, just once, please and thank-you."
"You have such wonderful manners, how can I resist?"

Shuga, shuga
Shuga, shuga
Coulda, woulda
Shuga, shuga
I'm in your wash cycle, baby,
Don't shake me loose

And this Paris girl was beautiful beyond compare. Yes, I fell hard for her. Until, one day, the girl whom I had imagined was there right before my eyes. She was walking down the Boulevard Saint-Germain and coming straight towards me.

"At least tell me this is going to have a happy ending."
"Happy? Sad? What's the difference?"
"Happy endings make other people happy."
"Always?"
"No, not always, but most of the time."
"Do sad endings make people sad?"
"Yes."
"Always?"
"Yes, oh, I don't know. Just make it happy for a change."
"OK."

Shuga, shuga
Shuga, shuga
Coulda, woulda
Shuga, shuga
I'm in your wash cycle, baby,
Don't shake me loose

And so we lived happily ever after.

"Smartass. You left out the story."
"I did?"
"Yes, there's no realistic character or plot development, no story at all."
"I see."
"Why?"
"You wanted a happy ending. Real people and real events rarely lead to a happy ending."
"Oh, Jesus Christ, you're such a pessimist."
"Pass."

Shuga, shuga
Shuga, shuga
Coulda, woulda
Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I'm riding out your spin cycle, baby,
And talkin' wash day blues




 




 

11 comments:

  1. heehee I am a Paris girl, funny I have never been there...

    love love love the song...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have such a girl, KJ, timeless, ageless. I know she loves me. She has always been with me and she has been visiting me in my dreams even before puberty. Is she from Paris? I don't know. Will the story have a happy ending? I don't know that either; the story hasn't ended quite yet.

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great song..lovely.

    Are you afraid of being hung out to dry?
    ..what about the ironing afterward?..it'll get rid of any wrinkles!

    *smile* ..just tell me they didn't use bleach..I'd hate it if the colour washed out of you! You're a fantastic storyteller..please don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hung out to dry enough in my life ... haha ... it won't happen again ...

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I love a story with a happy ending. Bravo, darlin' ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy endings are easy, I think ... especially when there's no story to go through ...

      Delete
  5. i remember this...u HAVE posted this on multiply...right ?

    and love it all over again...

    i got somebody in my spin cycle too and boy it sucks big time...awesomeusto write mr james ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me thinks Mr. Kennedy is painting a day blue :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger