Friday, October 05, 2012

Rokkit Man


Blast Off


Rokkit Man

I'm looking for a rocket. Nothing on Ebay, and nothing on Craig's list. Nothing here, there, or anywhere. It's gotten to the point that I'm considering calling the top of the Great Chain of I-Ka-Ching-Being in North Korea to see if they have an extra one rolling off the assembly line, but Homeland Security already has me pegged as some kind of revolutionary, so I suspect that, if I ever want to see the sunny beaches of Florida again, I'd better buy American.

I'm looking for a rocket. I've tried calling NASA, but all that I get is very strange voice mail — just as series of tones, kind of like harmonic beeps and burps. I suspect they are taking calls from places far more distant than Canada. So no luck there.

And, still, I'm looking for a rocket, just a simple tube of propulsion to shoot me out of the stratosphere and into the unknown wonders of outer space. It doesn't have to be shiny and new, a refurbished rocket will do just as well as a new one, I think.

I suppose I'll need some sort of space capsule to shield me from the space debris, some sunscreen to protect me from the bright light of the sun, a couple of oxygen tanks, and maybe a case of those canned brown beans with the hunk of pork fat lying on top. Oh yeah, and mittens in case it gets a little cold. I can arrange for the mittens. I have mittens to spare.

Now, don't jump to conclusions. I'm not running away from anything on Earth. I mean, I'm not leaving in a huff, and I'm not disenchanted with my life of passion and laughter. I'm not running away from a speeding ticket or a love gone sour. I guess I'm just looking for something new and exciting. It's the usual dilemma. People hate to get bored.

Not that I'm bored, actually. I'm more, oh I don't know, suffering from rigour mortis. I guess the wanderlust is creeping into my soul again.

Yes, I'm looking for a rocket to zoom me past the moon and into endless space. No turning back. Just on and on and on, until I hook up with the Klingons or the Dingdongs or whatever strange beings are out there to meet and greet.

So if you see your neighbour throwing out a 32 ton Saturn rocket with the recyclables on garbage day, hey drop me a note. I'll tow that baby up here to Canada, fuel it up with good old Canadian nuclear generator waste, and I'll be on my way.

But, sorry, it's strictly a "No Riders" mission — not for grass, gas, or even ass.



 





 

6 comments:

  1. Kennedy!! I live right here where they launch the rockets. They just sent one up yesterday morning. I can see them from my back yard most of the time. I will keep an eye out for the perfect rocket for you lol.

    Yes sometimes life can get monotonous and boring. A little excitement is always a nice change.

    So, if I can get my hands on one of those rockets, I will send it to you. And I promise not to ask to ride on your rocket (uh, I have a dirty mind lmao !!)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks ... send it by UPS ... I don't trust the USPS ... too many items go missing ... ;o}

      Delete
  2. Call Richard Branson to see if he is still planning to launch the VSS Enterprise at $200,000 per ticket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far too pricey for a one-shot affair ...

      Delete
    2. Round trip ticket ... they won't leave you behind.

      Delete
  3. Mittens are a good idea..and don't forget to pack a dinosaur. I hear that Wylie Coyote knows where to get Acme rockets in bulk..cheap. Bon voyage..bring back some star dust! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger