Friday, October 26, 2012

What You See


Don Quixote Twice Removed

What You See

I went to the Dollar $tore yesterday, and I bought three pairs of those eye glasses that you can still get for a buck apiece.

This morning, I'm trying them out.

One pair makes everything thing seem awfully big. In fact, I feel as though I've fallen down a rabbit hole, and the world has literally doubled in size.

Another pair makes everything about two sizes smaller. Even my coffee cup looks to be miles away, and I dare not try to reach for it.

The last pair just sort blurs everything into a kind of milky fog, and it's like I've been on a drunken bender for the last couple of days.

Some people say, "What you see is what you get."

Don't believe it. It's usually a lie.

Some people go to great lengths to ensure that others see them the way they want to be seen. Some pretend to be larger than life and oh-so-worthy of your admiration, some pretend to be small and insignificant and oh-so-worthy of your constant sympathy, and some just whip up a bit of hocus-pocus so that you'll never really see what they're like at all.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I don't always want to see what others are really like, but some days, that's all I seem to be able to see.

I guess that I should have bought the pair with the rosy tint in the glass.


 



 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! You certainly have a variety of glasses there! Lol. It is amazing what can be hidden within aim site. Ok I need some English help. I had a slip of the tongue last night an a cliche came out of nowhere. "When Carter's have liver pools". I can't find it? I'm asking everyone this am. Do you know where it came from? Do I have a part of it wrong? It had me up til 1:30 am. Lol. My glasses are a little foggy as my eyes are sure sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I don't recognize that phrase, except there is a product called Carter's Little Liver Pills ... but I'm not sure what it does ... haha ... maybe eases a backache ... not sure ...

      Delete
    2. Omg I finally found it an it is an old phrase here before the FDA approved medication. It is She has more XXX than Carter's has liver pills." Meaning more problems, money, etc. it was driving me insane! Lol I found it!!!!!!
      Carter's has liver pills!!!!!

      Delete
  3. BS glasses that enable one to see right through the BS of others would be really helpful. Maybe the Dollar Store has such a pair ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yes, they do. But they're behind the counter and I'm afraid to say that they're not a dollar ...

      Delete
  4. LOL Darbie. I don't think you can buy a pair of glasses that will allow you to see exactly who someone really is. I think we each have a public and private persona. BS glasses would be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why, at all, do you have to see if you aren't in the right willingness?! People accept things according to the similarity between the things which are in them and out of them... everything depends on the similarity. The worse is when you take off your glasses and see nothing...Oh, my Kennedy, ohhhhhhh... you got me thinking beyond my mental ability:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, salutations, and feedback of any kind. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my never-ending battle against Spam, I am no longer accepting comments from Anonymous readers. Please use a registered ID to make a comment. Thanks.









 
 


Comments? Questions? Abuse? Innuendoes?
Click Here









© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.

All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.


 Powered by Blogger